The Washington County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection
is a group of 9 books that detail the history of Washington
County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many
of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating
to key points in the history and development of Washington
County during this period as well as details of some of its
most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Some pioneers of Washington County, Pa. A family history
(1902) - Reader, F. S. (Francis Smith) - 172 pages
- 20th century history of the city of Washington and Washington
County, Pennsylvania and representative citizens [Volume
2 Biographical Only] (1910) - McFarland, Joseph Fulton -
- History of Washington County : from its first settlement
to the present time (1870) - Creigh, Alfred - 518 pages
- A century of education; or, The history of the schools
of Burgettstown, Washington County, Pennsylvania, for one
hundred years (1898) - Melvin, William - 120 pages
- Canonsburg centennial (1903) - 294 pages
- History of Jefferson college: including an account of
the early "log cabin" schools, and the Canonsburg academy:
with biographical sketches of Rev. Matthew Brown, D. D.,
Rev. Samuel Ralston, D. D., Rev. Matthew Henderson, Rev.
James Jamsey, D. D., Rev. John H. Kennedy, and Rev. Abrm.
Anderson, D. D (1857) - Smith, Joseph - 468 pages
- General catalogue Jefferson College from the time it was
chartered in 1802 to 1856 .. (1857) - 70 pages
- The courts of justice, bench & bar of Washington County,
Pennsylvania (1902) - Crumrine, Boyd - 572 pages
- Catalogue of members Jefferson College (1844) - 42 page
Here are some images from some of the books:
This CD runs
on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web
browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download
if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book
index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with
all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to
allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this
CD are searchable and printable.