Vietnam Archives Volume I: The Ground War explores the grueling operations that made up the day to day life of the Vietnam soldier. You will learn about this era, the men, their equipment and fighting methods used during this era of warfare in this collection of five films.They are:
- Unique War - A Vietnam War Documentary: This film details the mission of the armed forces in South Vietnam. It shows how they search for and engage the enemy on the battlefield and the effort to win the minds and favor of the South Vietnamese people.
- Vietnam Crucible - This film examines American soldier's activities in Vietnam. It presents both the military and civilian situation as it was evolving during this very difficult period of time.
- A Day in Vietnam A Day in Vietnam - produced in 1967 for the Department of Defense - follows the activities of the Marines and Navy and their typical activities in Vietnam on a daily basis. Narrated by Jack Webb, the film is a great look of the brave Marine Corps and Navy soldiers doing ther duty in a hostile environment.
- First Infantry Division in Vietnam (1971) is a fascinating look at the activities of the First Infantry Division (The Big Red One) during the Vietnam War. The DVD chronicles the major battles the First Infantry Division participated in during the Vietnam War as well as some of the more positive roles they took in helping to build wartorn areas.
- The Vietnam 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment - Take a tour of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment during the Vietnam war era. Learn about the exciting adventures of the "Blackhorse" regiment which acted as the proof that armored vehicles could be used in the unique jungle and marshy conditions that exist in much of the Vietnam battlespace. This production goes into great depth about the men and the varieties of equipment and challenges that they manipulated on a day to day basis during this bloody war.
The total run time of this DVD is 2 hours 19 minutes.