Vietnam Archives Volume II: Air & Ground Operations explores the how air and ground operations in the Vietnam theater were used to maintain America's fighting force during this bloody conflict. You will learn about this era, the men, their equipment and fighting methods used during this era of warfare in this collection of five films.They are:
- The Vietnam Airmobile Division - Take a tour of the Airmobile Division during the Vietnam war era. Learn about the history, organization and force capabilities of the Airmobile Cavalry Division in the Vietnam war. Special emphasis is placed on their deployment capabilities during their time in South Vietnam.
- The Vietnam Sky Soldiers - 173rd Airborne Brigade: Take a tour of the 173rd Airborne Brigade during the Vietnam war era. Learn about their operations at Vung Tau and Bien Hoa. Also learn about the details about operation "New Life", the program designed to help protect the rice harvest for that wartorn country.
- The Screaming Eagles in Vietnam - produced in 1967 for the Department of Defense - follows the activities of the First Brigade, 101st Airborne Division. Follow these brave soldiers on a variety of missions from the Summer of 1965 until January 1967 on various operations in Vietnam - including Operations Van Buren, Harrison, Hawthorne, John Paul Jones and Operation Pickett.
- United States Army Helicopter Operations in South Vietnam (1963) - is an early Vietnam look at the life of the Vietnamese, enemy war actions and the role of helicopter attacks in the early troubles of the Vietnam conflict. In addition to great helicopter action scenes, you get an up close look at the H-21 troop carrier as well as the weaponry that was commonly bolted to helicopters during the war.
- Know Your Enemy: The Vietcong - This army film was designed to familiarize US troops about the Vietcong - how they lived and their tactics in war.
The total run time of this DVD is 2 hours 9 minutes.