The Iowa Civil War Regimental Histories book collection is a group of 17 books that detail the histories of various Iowa based regiments during the Civil War. Many of the books are illustrated with specific events relating to their service as well as portraits of some of the members. These books are an excellent resource for the Civil War history buff as well as for those doing Civil War genealogy research.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Iowa in war times (1888) - Byers, S. H. M. (Samuel Hawkins Marshall) - 615 pages
- Downing's civil war diary (1916) - Downing, Alexander G.; Clark, Olynthus Burroughs - 325 pages
- History of the Seventh Iowa veteran volunteer infantry during the civil war (1903) - Smith, H. I. (Henry I.) - 313 pages
- Reunion of Twelfth Iowa vet. vol. infantry .. (1880) - 437 pages
- Recollections with the Third Iowa regiment: (1864) - Thompson, Seymour D. (Seymour Dwight) - 396 pages
- Iowa colonels and regiments: being a history of Iowa regiments in the war of the rebellion; and containing a description of the battles in which they have fought (1865) - Stuart, Addison A - 656 pages
- First reunion, Twenty-second Iowa regiment, at Iowa City, Sept. 22 and 23 (1886) - 23 pages
- The Lyon campaign in Missouri : being a history of the First Iowa Infantry and of the causes which led up to its organization, and how it earned the thanks of Congress, which it got : together with a birdseye view of the conditions in Iowa preceding the great Civil War of 1861 (1907) - Ware, Eugene Fitch - 377 pages
- Roster and record of Iowa soldiers in the War of the Rebellion : together with historical sketches of volunteer organizations, 1861-1866 [Volume 4 only] (1908) - 900 pages
- History of the 33d Iowa Infantry Volunteer Regiment, 1863-6 (1866) - Sperry, A. F. (Andrew F.) - 237 pages
- Iowa and the rebellion. A history of the troops furnished by the state of Iowa to the volunteer armies of the Union, which conquered the great Southern Rebellion of 1861-5 (1867) - Ingersoll, Lurton Dunham - 743 pages
- Roster of the Fourth Iowa Cavalry Veteran Volunteers, 1861-1865 : an appendix to "The story of a cavalry regiment." (1902) - Scott, William Forse - 243 pages
- First reunion of Iowa's Hornet's Nest Brigade. 2d, 7th, 8th, 12th, and 14th infantry (1888) - Iowa Hornets' Nest Brigade Association - 72 pages
- A history of the First Regiment Iowa Cavalry Veteran Volunteers : from its organization in 1861 to its muster out of the United States service in 1866 : also, a complete roster of the regiment (1890) - Lothrop, Charles H. (Charles Henry); Lothrop, Virginia - 431 pages
- Reminiscences of the Twenty-second Iowa volunteer infantry, giving its organization, marches, skirmishes, battles, and sieges, as taken from the diary of Lieutenant S.C. Jones of Company A (1907) - Jones, S. C. (Samuel Calvin) - 164 pages
- History of the Second Iowa cavalry; containing a detailed account of its organization, marches, and the battles in which it has participated; also, a complete roster of each company (1865) - Pierce, Lyman B - 237 pages
- Report of the Battle Flag Committee appointed by the Twenty-Fourth General Assembly to provide cases and transfer the Iowa battle flags from the Arsenal to the State capitol (1896) - Iowa Battle Flag Committee - 85 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.