The Maine Civil War Regimental Histories book collection is a group of 17 books that detail the histories of various Maine based regiments during the Civil War. Many of the books are illustrated with specific events relating to their service as well as portraits of some of the members. These books are an excellent resource for the Civil War history buff as well as for those doing Civil War genealogy research.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Historic record and complete biographic roster, 21st Me. Vols. with reunion records of the 21st Maine Regimental Association (1907) - Woodward, Joseph T. - 251 pages
- The Sixteenth Maine regiment in the war of the rebellion (1886) - Small, Abner Ralph - 323 pages
- Army life; a private's reminiscences of the civil war [Maine Infantry Regiment, 20th] (1882) - Gerrish, Theodore - 372 pages
- The story of one regiment; the Eleventh Maine infantry volunteers in the war of the rebellion (1896) - 531 pages
- The First Maine heavy artillery, 1862-1865 (1903) - Shaw, Horace H. - 516 pages
- The Maine bugle 1894 Edition (1894) - 391 pages
- The Maine bugle 1895 & 1896 Editions (1896) - 842 pages
- The Maine bugle 1897 & 1898 Editions (1898) - 781 pages
- History of the First Maine cavalry, 1861-1865 (1887) - Tobie, Edward P. (Edward Parsons) - 735 pages
- Roster and statistical record of Company D, of the Eleventh regiment Maine infantry volunteers, with a sketch of its services in the war of the rebellion (1890) - Maxfield, Albert; Brady, Robert - 83 pages
- The history of the Nineteenth Regiment of Maine Volunteer Infantry, 1862-1865 (1909) - Smith, John Day - 356 pages
- The Thirty-second Maine regiment of infantry volunteers; an historical sketch (1903) - Houston, Henry Clarence - 537 pages
- Appendix "D" of the Annual report of the adjutant general of the state of Maine, December 31, 1861 (1862) - Maine Adjutant General; Hodsdon, John L - 633 pages
- Returns of desertions, discharges, deaths, etc., in Maine regiments for the months of August, September and October, 1864 (1864) - 80 pages
- Company D, 16 Maine vols. A brief history of the individual services of its members, 1862-1865 (1906) - Andrews, H. Franklin (Henry Franklin) - 27 pages
- History of the First - Tenth - Twenty-ninth Maine regiment. In service of the United States from May 3, 1861, to June 21, 1866 (1871) - Gould, John Mead; Jordan, Leonard G - 709 pages
- Campaigning with the Sixth Maine : a paper read before the Iowa Commandery Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States (1897) - Clark, Charles A. (Charles Amory) - 53 pages
- History of the Thirteenth Maine Regiment From Its Organization in 1861 To Its Muster-Out In 1865 (1898) - Edwin B. Lufkin - 93 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.