The Rhode Island Civil War Regimental Histories book collection is a group of 20 books that detail the histories of various Rhode Island based regiments during the Civil War. Many of the books are illustrated with specific events relating to their service as well as portraits of some of the members. These books are an excellent resource for the Civil War history buff as well as for those doing Civil War genealogy research.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Rhode Island in the rebellion (1865) - Stone, Edwin Winchester - 410 pages
- History of the Twelfth Regiment, Rhode Island Volunteers, in the Civil War, 1862-1863 (1904) - Tillinghast, Pardon Elisha - 394 pages
- Battery D, First Rhode Island Light Artillery, in the Civil War, 1861-1865 (1897) - Sumner, George C - 192 pages
- History of the Seventh Squadron, Rhode Island Cavalry (1879) - Corliss, Augustus Whittemore; Alvord, Henry E. (Henry Elijah) - 11 pages
- Campaign of Battery D, First Rhode Island light artillery (1913) - Parker, Ezra Knight - 49 pages
- The history of Battery H, first regiment Rhode Island light artillery, in the war to preserve the union, 1861-1865 (1894) - Fenner, Earl - 216 pages
- The history of Battery A, First regiment Rhode Island light artillery in the war to preserve the union, 1861-1865 (1904) - Aldrich, Thomas M - 408 pages
- The Fourteenth regiment Rhode Island heavy artillery (colored) in the war to preserve the Union, 1861-1865 (1898) - Chenery, William H - 343 pages
- History of the Ninth and Tenth Regiments Rhode Island Volunteers, and the Tenth Rhode Island Battery, in the Union Army in 1862 (1892) - Spicer, William Arnold - 415 pages
- The Second Rhode Island volunteers at the siege of Petersburg, Virginia (1915) - Rhodes, Elisha Hunt - 31 pages
- The Second Rhode Island regiment: a narrative of military operations in which the regiment was engaged from the beginning to the end of the war for the union (1875) - Woodbury, Augustus - 633 pages
- The history of Battery E, First regiment Rhode Island light artillery, in the war of 1861 and 1865, to preserve the Union (1892) - Lewis, George - 540 pages
- Sabres and spurs : the First Regiment Rhode Island Cavalry in the Civil War, 1861-1865 : its origin, marches, scouts, skirmishes, raids, battles, sufferings, victories, and appropriate official papers, with the roll of honor and roll of the regiment : illustrated with portraits of cavalry generals and a map of the regiment's war-path (1876) - Denison, Frederic - 600 pages
- A narrative of the campaign of the First Rhode Island regiment, in the spring and summer of 1861 ... (1862) - Woodbury, Augustus - 260 pages
- History of the Fifth Regiment of Rhode Island Heavy Artillery, during three years and a half of service in North Carolina. January 1862-June 1865 (1892) - Burlingame, John K. - 382 pages
- Official register of Rhode Island officers and soldiers wo served in the United States army and navy from 1861 to 1865. Published by order of the General assembly, January session, 1866 (1866) - 96 pages
- Forty-six months with the Fourth R. I. volunteers, in the war of 1861 to 1865 (1887) - Allen, George H. - 389 pages
- History of Company F, 1st regiment, R.I. volunteers, during the spring and summer of 1861 (1891) - Clarke, Charles H - 76 pages
- Reminiscences of two years with the colored troops (1880) - Addeman, Joshua M. (Joshua Melancthon) - 38 pages
- My first campaign (1863) - Grant, Joseph W - 152 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.