The Tennessee Civil War Regimental Histories book collection is a group of 12 books that detail the histories of various Tennessee based regiments during the Civil War. Many of the books are illustrated with specific events relating to their service as well as portraits of some of the members. These books are an excellent resource for the Civil War history buff as well as for those doing Civil War genealogy research.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Old Nineteenth Tennessee regiment, C. S. A (1902) - Worsham, W. J. (William Johnson) - 235 pages
- Tennessee in the war, 1861-1865; lists of military organizations and officers from Tennessee in both the Confederate and Union armies; general and staff officers of the provisional army of Tennessee, appointed by Governor Isham G. Harris (1908) - Wright, Marcus Joseph - 228 pages
- A brief narrative of the Fourth Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, Wheeler's Corps, Army of Tennessee (1913) - Guild, George B - 268 pages
- Campaigns and battles of the Sixteenth Regiment, Tennessee Volunteers, in the war between the states, with incidental sketches of the part performed by other Tennessee troops in the same war. 1861-1865 (1885) - Head, Thomas A - 488 pages
- History of the Thirteenth Regiment, Tennessee Volunteer Cavalry, U. S. A. : including a narrative of the bridge burning; the Carter County rebellion, and the loyalty, heroism and suffering of the Union men and women of Carter and Johnson counties, Tennessee, during the Civil War ... (1903) - Scott, Samuel W; Angel, Samuel P. - 510 pages
- Personal record of the Thirteenth Regiment, Tennessee Infantry (1897) - Vaughan, Alfred J. - 95 pages
- Battles and sketches of the Army of Tennessee (1906) - Ridley, Bromfield Lewis - 672 pages
- Hancock's diary: or, A history of the Second Tennessee Confederate cavalry (1887) - Hancock, R. R. (Richard R.) - 644 pages
- First reunion of the survivors of the Army of the Tennessee and its four corps (1892) - Association of survivors of the Army of the Tennessee - 214 pages
- "Co. Aytch" : Maury Grays, First Tennessee Regiment, or, a side show of the big show (1900) - Watkins, Samuel R - 223 pages
- History of the Twentieth Tennessee Regiment Volunteer Infantry, C.S.A (1904) - McMurray, William Josiah; Roberts, Deering J.; Neal, Ralph J - 520 pages
- History of the First regiment of Tennessee volunteer cavalry in the great war of the rebellion, with the armies of the Ohio and Cumberland, under Generals Marogan, Rosecrans, Thomas, Stanley and Wilson (1902) - Carter, William Randolph - 333 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.