The Vermont Civil War Regimental Histories book collection is a group of 18 books that detail the histories of various Vermont based regiments during the Civil War. Many of the books are illustrated with specific events relating to their service as well as portraits of some of the members. These books are an excellent resource for the Civil War history buff as well as for those doing Civil War genealogy research.
The books in this collection are:
- Vermont in the civil war. A history of the part taken by the Vermont soldiers and sailors in the war for the Union, 1861-5 Volume 1 (1886) - Benedict, G. G. (George Grenville) - 678 pages
- Vermont in the civil war. Volume 2 (1886) - Benedict, G. G. (George Grenville) - 844 pages
- Personal recollections and civil war diary (1908) - Abbott, Lemuel Abijah - 352 pages
- The memorial record of Waitsfield, Vermont (1867) - Dascomb, A. B. (Alfred Brooks) - 40 pages
- Vermont riflemen in the war for the union, 1861-1865. A history of Company F, First United States sharp shooters (1883) - Ripley, William Young Warren - 216 pages
- History of the Eighth regiment Vermont volunteers. 1861-1865 (1886) - Carpenter, George N. - 418 pages
- Vermont at Gettysburgh. A sketch of the part taken by the Vermont troops, in the battle of Gettysburgh (1870) - Benedict, George Grenville - 60 pages
- Army life in Virginia. Letters from the Twelfth Vermont regiment and personal experiences of volunteer service in the war for the union, 1862-63 (1895) - Benedict, George Grenville - 228 pages
- Vermont in the great rebellion. Containing historical and biographical sketches, etc (1869) - Waite, Otis Frederick Reed - 316 pages
- A history of the Tenth Regiment, Vermont Volunteers, with biographical sketches of the officers who fell in battle. And a complete roster of all the officers and men connected with it--showing all changes by promotion, death or resignation, during the military existence of the regiment (1870) - Haynes, Edwin Mortimer - 264 pages
- The second brigade : or, Camp life (1864) - Palmer, Edwin Franklin - 237 pages
- Pictorial history Thirteenth Regiment Vermont Volunteers, war of 1861-1865 (1910) - Sturtevant, Ralph Orson; Peck, Eli Nelson - 886 pages
- Revised roster of Vermont volunteers and lists of Vermonters who served in the army and navy of the United States during the war of the rebellion, 1861-66 (1892) -884 pages
- Proceedings at the first and second reunions. Roster and roll of surviving members; also, a list of actions and skirmishes participated in by officers or detached portions of 7th regiment Vermont volunteers (veterans) (1883) - 106 pages
- Roster of the Society of the 1st Artillery, 11th Vermont Volunteers, 1890 (1890) - Henry C. H . Lewis - 94 pages
- The memorial record of the soldiers from Stowe, Vermont, who fought for our government during the rebellion of 1861-5 (1867) - Savage, R. A - 115 pages
- The memorial record of the soldiers who enlisted from Greensboro, Vermont, to aid in subduing the great rebellion 1861-5, accompanied by a brief history of each regiment that left the state (1868) - Rollins, E.E - 165 pages
- Soldiers' record of the town of St. Johnsbury, Vermont, in the war of the rebellion, 1861-5 (1883) - Chadwick, Albert G. - 232 pages
Here are some page images from a few of the books so you can see some of the typical contents of the volumes.
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.