The San Francisco, California Histories book collection is a group of 21 books that detail the history of San Francisco - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of San Francisco during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this DVD are listed below.
- San Francisco and thereabout (1903) - Keeler, Charles Augustus - 97 pages
- San Francisco today (1948) - San Francisco Unified School District - 32 pages
- To San Francisco and back (1887) - Jones, Harry - 224 pages
- San Francisco--Social Registers. Social register, San Francisco (1918) - 154 pages
- Care-free San Francisco (1912) - Joseph Allan Dunn - 83 pages
- San Francisco earthquake: contemporary articles (1906) - Gregory, Ernest Leonard - 644 pages
- Byways around San Francisco bay (1915) - Hutchinson, William E. - 184 pages
- San Francisco-Oakland Directory (1907) - Walter S. Fry Co - 980 pages
- San Francisco : west coast metropolis (1939) - Rosskam, Edwin; Saroyan, William - 136 pages
- Men who made San Francisco (1912) - 274 pages
- San Francisco, the bay and its cities (1940) - Writers' Program. California - 531 pages
- San Francisco and Bay counties telephone directory (1917) - Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company - 294 pages
- Crocker-Langley San Francisco city directory (1927) - R.L. Polk & Co - 2598 pages
- The San Francisco directory for the year 1869 (1869) - Langley, Henry G - 1066 pages
- The San Francisco directory for the year 1878 (1878) - Langley, Henry G - 1078 pages
- California today : San Francisco, its metropolis (1903) - Aiken, Charles Sedgwick - 192 pages
- San Francisco one hundred years ago (1913) - Choris, Louis; Taylor, Nash and Taylor; Garnett, Porter - 20 pages
- San Francisco Blue Book; the Fashionable Private Address Directory, San Francisco-Oakland ... (1902) - 574 pages
- Guide book and street manual of San Francisco (1882) - Warner, Frank W. - 174 pages
- British Merchant Seamen in San Francisco, 1892-1898 (1899) - Fell, James - 206 pages
- The Panama-Pacific International Exposition at San Francisco, 1915 (1915) - 50 pages
This DVD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this DVD are searchable and printable.