The Indianapolis, Indiana Histories book collection is a group of 20 books that detail the history of Indianapolis - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Indianapolis during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this DVD are listed below.
- Indianapolis, Indiana city directory (1857) - 290 pages
- Indianapolis, Indiana city directory (1881) - 638 pages
- Indianapolis, Indiana city directory (1892) - 946 pages
- Indianapolis, Indiana city directory (1901) - 1328 pages
- Indianapolis, Indiana city directory (1914) - 2096 pages
- Indianapolis, Indiana city directory (1922) - 2172 pages
- Indianapolis illustrated (1893) - Bicknell, Ernest Percy; Evans, Edgar Hanks - 216 pages
- Indianapolis police manual (1895) - 120 pages
- The Indianapolis centennial guide book (1920) - Loftin, Fred Thurston - 25 pages
- The Industries of the city of Indianapolis : the advantages offered for business location and the investment of capital (1889) - Indianapolis Board of Trade - 133 pages
- Commemorative biographical record of prominent and representative men of Indianapolis and vicinity, containing biographical sketches of business and professional men and of many of the early settled families (1908) - 1244 pages
- History of Indianapolis and Marion County, Indiana (1884) - Sulgrove, Berry R. (Berry Robinson) - 666 pages
- Pictorial and Biographical Memoirs of Indianapolis and Marion County, together with biographies of many prominent men of other portions of the state, both living and dead - (1893) - Goodspeed Brothers - 466 pages
- Memorial record of distinguished men of Indianapolis and Indiana (1912) - Dunn, Jacob Piatt - 504 pages
- The Indianapolis blue book : containing the names and addresses of prominent residents arranged alphabetically and numerically by streets, also ladies' maiden names, receiving days, and other valuable social information (1916) - 148 pages
- Indianapolis: A Historical and Statistical Sketch of the Railroad City, a chronicle of its social, municipal, commercial and manufacturing progress, with full statistical tables - (1870) - William Robeson Holloway - 390 pages
- Greater Indianapolis ;the history, the industries, the institutions, and the people of a city of homes Volume 1 (1910) - Dunn, Jacob Piatt - 641 pages
- Greater Indianapolis ;the history, the industries, the institutions, and the people of a city of homes Volume 2 (1910) - Dunn, Jacob Piatt - to page 1239
- Hyman's Handbook of Indianapolis : an outline history and description of the capital of Indiana, with over three hundred illustrations from photographs made expressly for this work (1897) - Hyman, Max R. (Max Robinson) - 416 pages
- Indianapolis illustrated : the capital city of Indiana : its growth, resources, commerce, manufacturing interests, financial institutions, and prospects, also sketches of the leading business concerns which contribute to the city's progress and prosperity : a complete history of the city from foundation to the present time (1893) - 199 pages
This DVD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this DVD are searchable and printable.