The Bronx New York Book Collection is a collection of 11 volumes relating to the history of the Bronx and its people primarily in the 18th and 19th centuries. Several of the volumes have great period illustrations and portraits of relevant historical figures. These books are an excellent resource for history and genealogy researchers of this area.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- The borough of the Bronx, 1639-1913 - its marvelous development and historical surroundings (1913) - Cook, Harry Tecumseh - 198 pages
- Bronx (Borough) Direct. Morrisania and Tremont directory (1871) - 138 pages
- Private commercial schools, Manhattan and the Bronx (1918) - Stevens, Bertha Morton - 144 pages
- History of Bronx borough, city of New York; (1906) - Comfort, Randall; Steurer, Charles David, 1859; Meyerhoff, Charles A. D. - 422 pages
- The New "red book" information guide to New York city, Manhattan and Bronx; (1919) - 192 pages
- Thirty years of New York, 1882-1912; being a history of electrical development in Manhattan and the Bronx (1913) - New York Edison Company - 318 pages
- The story of the Bronx from the purchase made by the Dutch from the Indians in 1639 to the present day (1912) - Jenkins, Stephen - 451 pages
- New York city guide; a comprehensive guide to the five boroughs of the metropolis: Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Richmond (1939) - 708 pages
- Contract for construction and operation of rapid transit railroad (Manhattan and the Bronx) With supplemental agreements to November 24th, 1903. Contract dated February 21st, 1900 (1903) - 511 pages
- The manual training schedule : suggested exercises in drawing constructive work and design for all grades in the public schools of the boroughs of Manhattan and the Bronx, New York City (1903) - Maxwell, William Henry - 94 pages
- Before the governor of the State of New York. In the matter of charges preferred against Louis F. Haffen, president of the Borough of the Bronx of the City of New York .. (1909) - MacFarlane, J. W - 124 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.