The New Bedford, Massachusetts Histories book collection is a group of 10 books that detail the history of New Bedford- primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of New Bedford during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- New Bedford, Massachusetts; its history, industries, institutions and attractions (1889) - Pease, Zeph. W. (Zephaniah Walter); Hough, George A; Sayer, William L. (William Lawton) - 318 pages
- History of New Bedford and its vicinity, 1620-1892 (1892) - Ellis, Leonard Bolles - 906 pages
- Life in New Bedford a hundred years ago; (1922) - Anthony, Joseph R; Pease, Zeph. W. (Zephaniah Walter) - 91 pages
- History of the Fire Department of the city of New Bedford, Massachusetts, 1772-1890 (1890) - Ellis, Leonard Bolles - 239 pages
- New Bedford ... directory : of the inhabitants, business firms, institutions, streets, societies (1905) - 481 pages
- The New-Bedford directory ... and the town register ... Also, a list of whale ships, belonging to the United States (1836) - Crapo, Henry Howland - 125 pages
- Illustrated New Bedford, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Sketches of discoveries, aborigines, settlers, wars, incidents, towns, hamlets, scenes, camp meetings .. (1879) - Denison, Frederic - 70 pages
- The history of New Bedford, Bristol County, Massachusetts : including a history of the old township of Dartmouth and the present townships of Westport, Dartmouth, and Fairhaven, from their settlement to the present time (1858) - Ricketson, Daniel - 412 pages
- History of the churches of New Bedford : to which are added notices of various other moral and religious organizations : together with short memoirs of Rev. Messrs. Wheelock Craig, John Girdwood, Timothy Stowe, Daniel Webb, and Rev. Messrs. Henniss and Tallon, of St. Mary's Church (1869) - Kelley, Jesse Fillmore; Mackie, Adam - 148 pages
- New Bedford semi-centennial souvenir, containing a review of the history of the city, together with accounts of the whale fishery, the early industries, the great growth in the cotton manufacture and the social and economic changes. Also programme of the semi-centennial excercises .. (1897) - Grieve, Robert - 90 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.