The Springfield, MA Histories book collection is a group of 19 books that detail the history of Springfield - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Springfield during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Springfield, Mass (1889) - Johnson, Stanley - 29 pages
- Springfield, 1636-1886 : history of town and city, including an account of the quarter-millennial celebration at Springfield, Mass., May 25 and 26, 1886 (1888) - Green, Mason Arnold - 645 pages
- Picturesque Springfield and West Springfield, Massachusetts .. (1912) - Graves, George Storrs - 36 pages
- Views and facts of Springfield, Mass. The magnet city (1910) - 93 pages
- Progressive Springfield, Massachusetts (1913) - Graves, George Storrs - 36 pages
- King's handbook of Springfield, Massachusetts; (1884) - King, Moses - 394 pages
- View book of Springfield, Massachusetts (1910) - 50 pages
- History of the First church in Springfield (1875) - Morris, Henry - 60 pages
- Social index and blue book of Springfield (1889) - 58 pages
- Springfield in the Spanish American war (1899) - Ward, Walter W - 188 pages
- History of the Central labor union of Springfield, Mass. with some of the pioneers: brief sketches of affiliated unions, 1887-1912 (1912?) - Hardwick, A. F - 180 pages
- Springfield present and prospective; the city of homes (1905) - Tower, James Eaton; Gardner, Eugene C.; Drake, J. Frank; Orr, William; Whiting, Charles Goodwin; Copeland, Alfred Minot; Hall, John; Gardner, G. C - 214 pages
- The picturesque city, Springfield, Massachusetts; a series of forty views showing the picturesque side of this "city of homes" .. (1913) - Graves, George Storrs - 44 pages
- History of the department of police service of Springfield, Mass. : from 1636 to 1900 : historical and biographical, illustrating the equipment and efficiency of the police force to today, with reminiscences of the past, containing authentic information carefully gleaned from official sources (1900) - 105 pages
- Sketches of the old inhabitants and other citizens of old Springfield of the present century, and its historic mansions of "ye olden tyme," with one hundred and twenty four illustrations and sixty autographs (1893) - Chapin, Charles Wells - 420 pages
- The first century of the history of Springfield; the official records from 1636 to 1736, with an historical review and biographical mention of the founders Volume 1 (1898) - Burt, Henry M. (Henry Martyn); Pynchon, William - 473 pages
- The first century of the history of Springfield; the official records from 1636 to 1736, with an historical review and biographical mention of the founders Volume 2 (1898) - Burt, Henry M. (Henry Martyn); Pynchon, William - 712 pages
- The history of Springfield in Massachusetts, for the young; being also in some part the history of other towns and cities in the county of Hampden (1921) - Barrows, Charles H. (Charles Henry) - 194 pages
- History of the "Old High School" on School Street, Springfield, Massachusetts, from 1828 to 1840 : with a personal history of the teachers : also, the names of 265 pupils, with their history in part : with portraits and a sketch of the building (1890) - Chapin, Charles Well - 129 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.