The Lancaster, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 15 books that detail the history of Lancaster - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Lancaster during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Resources and industries of the city of Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pa., with some account of its historical importance.. (1887) - Hensel, W. U. (William Uhler) - 222 pages
- A brief history of Lancaster County (1892) - Clare, Israel Smith.; Lyle, Anna - 317 pages
- An outline history of a church; a memorial of the one hundred and seventy-fifth anniversary of Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, Pennsylvania (1905) - Whitteker, John E. (John Edwin) - 44 pages
- History of the First Methodist Episcopal church of the city of Lancaster, Pa., from 1807 to 1893. With some account of earlier efforts to establish Methodism in Lancaster. Also an appendix containing a sketch of St. Paul's M. E. church, by the pastor [C. Lee Gaul] and "Conestoga's" notes on the conference of 1855 (1893) - McConnell, John S. Janes - 164 pages
- Lancaster's Golden Century, 1821-1921: A Chronicle of Men and Women who Planned and Toiled to Build a City Strong and Beautiful (1921) - Harry Martin John Klein - 130 pages
- One hundred and fifty years of school history in Lancaster, Pennsylvania (1905) - Riddle, William - 442 pages
- The story of Lancaster: old and new; being a narrative history of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, from 1730 to the centennial year, 1918 (1917) - Riddle, William - 292 pages
- Early German printers of Lancaster and the issues of their press .. (1904) - : Diffenderffer, Frank Ried - 93 pages
- The political history and development of Lancaster County's first twenty years, 1729-1749 .. (1916) - Eshleman, H. Frank (Henry Frank) - 70 pages
- History of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania : with biographical sketches of many of its pioneers and prominent men. [Volume 2 Only] (1883) - Ellis, Franklin; Evans, Samuel - pages 547 to 1101
- Proprietary and State Tax Lists of the County of Lancaster: For the Years 1771, 1772, 1773, 1779 ... (1898) - 897 pages
- An authentic history of Lancaster County : in the state of Pennsylvania (1869) - Mombert, J. I. (Jacob Isidor) - 825 pages
- Lancaster County Indians; annals of the Susquehannocks and other Indian tribes of the Susquehanna territory from about the year 1500 to 1763, the date of their extinction (1909) - Eshleman, Henry Frank - 415 pages
- Historical sketch of St. Anthony's Church, Lancaster, Penna., 1870-1895 : together with a history of Sacred Heart Academy and St. Anthony's Parochial School, in commemoration of the silver jubilee year, 1895 (1895) - Dorley, Anthony F - 75 pages
- Biographical annals of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania; containing biographical and genealogical sketches of prominent and representative citizens and many of the early settlers (1903) - Meginness, John Franklin - 2015 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.