The Fairfield County, Connecticut Book Collection is a collection of 15 volumes relating to the history of Fairfield County and its people primarily in the 18th and 19th centuries. Several of the volumes have great period illustrations and portraits of relevant historical figures. These books are an excellent resource for history and genealogy researchers of this area.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- The History of Fairfield, Fairfield County, Connecticut Volume 2 only (1904) - Elizabeth Hubbell Godfrey Schenck - 538 pages
- Reports and papers. Fairfield County Historical Society, Bridgeport, Conn (1882) - approx 650 pages
- Leading business men of Fairfield County : and a historical review of the principal cities (1887) - Beckford, William Hale; Richardson, G. W. (George W.) - 186 pages
- A History of the Town of Greenwich, Fairfield County, Conn.: With Many Important Statistics (1857) - Daniel M. Mead - 318 pages
- Ye historie of ye town of Greenwich, county of Fairfield and state of Connecticut, with genealogical notes .. (1911) - Mead, Spencer Percival; Mead, Daniel M. - 768 pages
- Abstract of probate records at Fairfield, Connecticut, down to 1721 (19??) - approx 900 pages
- History and genealogy of the Mead family of Fairfield County, Connecticut, eastern New York, western Vermont, and western Pennsylvania, from A.D. 1180 to 1900 (1901) - Mead, Spencer Percival - 471 pages
- Commemorative biographical record of Fairfield County, Connectitcut, containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens, and of many of the early settled families (1899) - 420 pages
- The genealogy of the Wheeler family : genealogy of some of the descendants of Thomas Wheeler of Concord, Massachusetts, 1639, and Fairfield, Connecticut, 1644 (1919) - Wheeler, William D. (William Downing) - 191 pages
- A History of the Old Town of Stratford and the City of Bridgeport, Connecticut (1886) - Samuel Orcutt - 692 pages
- History of Stamford, Connecticut : from its settlement in 1641, to the present time, including Darien, which was one of its parishes until 1820 (1868) - Huntington, E.B. (Elijah Balwin) - 492 pages
- Fairfield, ancient and modern; a brief account, historic and descriptive, of a famous Connecticut town (1909) - Child, Frank Samuel - 75 pages
- The old burying ground of Fairfield, Conn. A memorial of many of the early settlers in Fairfield, and an exhaustive and faithful transcript of the inscriptions and epitaphs on the 583 tombstones found in the oldest burying ground now within the limits of Fairfield.. (1882) - Perry, Kate E - 241 pages
- The Bi-centennial celebration of the First Congregational Church and Society of Bridgeport, Connecticut : June 12th and 13th, 1895 (1895) - Palmer, Charles Ray - 234 pages
- Genealogy of the Families of John Rockwell, of Stamford, Connecticut 1641 ... (1903) - James Boughton - 525 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.