The Atlanta, Georgia Histories book collection is a group of 21 books that detail the history of Atlanta - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Atlanta during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Souvenir of Atlanta and vicinity (1904) - 38 pages
- Atlanta, yesterday, today and tomorrow (1922) - Hornady, John R - 442 pages
- Barnwell's Atlanta city directory, and strangers' guide: also, a general firemen's, church, masonic, and Odd-fellows' record; volume I, compiled (principally in January) for the year 1867 (1867) - Barnwell, V. T. - 288 pages
- Catalogue of the officers and students of Atlanta University : (incorporated 1867--opened 1869) Atlanta, Georgia, with a statement of the courses of study, expenses, etc., 1884-'85 (1885) - 35 pages
- Atlanta and its builders, a comprehensive history of the Gate city of the South Volume 1 (1902) - Martin, Thomas H. - 718 pages
- Atlanta and its builders, a comprehensive history of the Gate city of the South Volume 2 (1902) - Martin, Thomas H. - 723 pages
- Atlanta, greatest city of the great South ... Facts and official figures (1902) - Clarke, Edward Young - 84 pages
- Hand book of the city of Atlanta. A comprehensive review of the city's commercial, industrial and residential conditions .. (1898) - Martin, Thomas H. - 111 pages
- Fourth annual catalogue of the Spelman Baptist Seminary for women and girls : in Atlanta, Georgia, 1884-5 (1885) - 32 pages
- The black side : a partial history of the business, religious, and educational side of the Negro in Atlanta, Ga. (1894) - Carter, Edward R - 323 pages
- Catalogue of the officers and students of Clark University, Atlanta, Ga., 1883-4 : with general information as to courses of study, expenses, etc., etc (1884) - 36 pages
- A pamphlet containing the full history of the celebration of the ninety-ninth anniversary of American independence in Atlanta, Ga., July 4th, 1875 (1875) - Stephens, Alexander Hamilton - 53 pages
- Atlanta (1882) - Cox, Jacob Dolson - 274 pages
- Atlanta illustrated (1881) - Clarke, Edward Young - 274 pages
- Illustrated History of Atlanta (1877) - Edward Young Clarke - 193 pages
- Battling for Atlanta (1917) - Dunn, Byron A. (Byron Archibald) - 380 pages
- Atlanta, a twentieth century city .. (1903) - 38 pages
- Atlanta, a city of the modern South (1942) - 266 pages
- Atlanta woman'a club cook book (1921) - 250 pages
- Pioneer citizens' history of Atlanta, 1833-1902. Pub. by the Pioneer citizens' society of Atlanta.. (1902) - 400 pages
- History of Atlanta, Georgia: With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers (1889) - Reed, Wallace Putnam - 867 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.