The Dutchess County, New York Histories book collection is a group of 16 books that detail the history of Dutchess County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Dutchess County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Dutchess county (1937) - Federal Writers' Project. Dutchess Co., N.Y - 214 pages
- Dutchess county (1899) - Ackert, Alfred T. - 38 pages
- Dutchess county in colonial days (1898) - Ackert, Alfred T. - 22 pages
- Old miscellaneous records of Dutchess County (1909) - Dutchess Co., N.Y. Board of supervisors - 204 pages
- The history of Dutchess County, New York (1909) - Hasbrouck, Frank; Matthieu, Samuel A. - 1076 pages
- Commemorative biographical record of Dutchess County, New York, containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens, and of many of the early settled families (1897) - 1344 pages
- Index of wills of Dutchess County, New York, 1742-1832 - Barber, Gertrude A. (Gertrude Audrey) - 86 pages
- Quaker records: Creek Monthly meeting, Dutchess County, New York [1780's & 1800's] - 154 pages
- Historical sketch of the First Stanford (Baptist) church at Bangall, Dutchess County, N. Y. (1910) - Baldwin, Evelyn Briggs - 38 pages
- Quaker removal certificates from Creek Monthly meeting, Dutchess County, New York, 1787 to 1802 (inc.) (1910) - 66 pages
- Records of the First Baptist Church of Dover, Dutchess County, N. Y (1915) - 246 pages
- History of the Parish of St. John the Evangelist, Pawling, Dutchess County, N.Y., and the mission church of St. Charles Borromeo, Dover Plains, Dutchess County, N.Y. [1848-1900] (1900]) - 75 pages
- The "Dutchess county regiment" (150th regiment of New York state volunteer infantry) in the Civil War; (1907) - Cook, Stephen Guernsey; Bartlett, Edward Otis; Benton, Charles E. (Charles Edward) - 546 pages
- The centennial church book of the Baptist church in North-East Dutchess County, N.Y (1851) - Grose, Henry Lawrence - 77 pages
- General history of Duchess County, from 1609 to 1876, inclusive (1877) - Smith, Philip Henry - 530 pages
- Year book (1919) - Dutchess County Historical Society - 318 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.