The Shenandoah Valley, Virginia Histories book collection is a group of 15 books that detail the history of Shenandoah Valley - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Shenandoah Valley during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- A history of the valley of Virginia (1833) - Kercheval, Samuel; Faulkner, Charles James; Jacob, John J. (John Jeremiah) - 497 pages
- The Shenandoah Valley and Virginia, 1861 to 1865; a war study (1903) - Kellogg, Sanford Cobb - 256 pages
- Journal of my journey over the mountains (1892) - Washington, George; Toner, Joseph M. (Joseph Meredith) - 176 pages
- A narrative of the campaign in the Valley of the Shenandoah in 1861 (1865) - Patterson, Robert - 141 pages
- The German element of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia .. (1907) - Wayland, John Walter - 349 pages
- Southwest Virginia and Shenandoah Valley : an inquiry into the causes of the rapid growth and wonderful development of southwest Virginia and Shenandoah Valley, with a history of the Norfolk and western and Shenandoah Valley railroads .. (1891) - Bruce, Thomas - 281 pages
- Shenandoah Valley Pioneers and Their Descendants: A History of Frederick County, Virginia ... (1909) - Thomas Kemp Cartmell - 606 pages
- Through the Shenandoah Valley: The Chronicle of a Journey Through the Uplands of Virginia (1886) - Ernest Ingersoll - 70 pages
- Memory days, in which the Shenandoah Valley is seen in retrospection, with glimpses of school days and the life of Virginia people of fifty years ago (1908) - Paxton, Alexander Sterret - 298 pages
- History of the campaign of Gen. T.J. (Stonewall) Jackson in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia : From November 4, 1861, to June 17, 1862 (1880) - Allan, William - 204 pages
- Grant's campaign in Virginia, May 1-June 30, 1864 including the operations in the Shenandoah Valley and on the River James (1908) - Anderson, John H. - 127 pages
- To the Shenandoah and beyond: the chronicle of a leisurely journey through the uplands of Virginia and Tennessee, sketching their scenery (1885) - Ingersoll, Ernest - 148 pages
- Through the Shenandoah Valley (1890) - Shenandoah Valley railroad - 88 pages
- The Shenandoah Valley in 1864 (1883) - Pond, George E. (George Edward) - 325 pages
- History of the lower Shenandoah Valley counties of Frederick, Berkeley, Jefferson and Clarke, their early settlement and progress to the present time; geological features; a description of their historic and interesting localities; cities, towns and villages; portraits of some of the prominent men, and biographies of many of the representative citizens (1890) - Norris, J. E. - 812 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.