The Illinois Central Railroad book collection is a collection of 20 late 19th century and early 20th century books concerning the Illinois Central Railroad. Many relate to the of the railroad or specific events in its growth. Many others are travel oriented publications produced by the railroad to attract customers. Several of the books have wonderful period illustrations and the collection makes an excellent reference collection for the historic rail enthusiast.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Guide to the Illinois central railroad lands (1868) - 72 pages
- This is our railroad : the Illinois Central family book (1948) - 44 pages
- History of the Illinois central railroad to 1870 (1915) - Brownson, Howard G. (Howard Gray) - 200 pages
- The Illinois Central Railroad, its position and prospects (1850) - Neal, D. A. (David Augustus) - 32 pages
- Abraham Lincoln as attorney for the Illinois Central Railroad Company (1905) - [Note: Portions are handwritten] - 51 pages
- Report of the directors to the stockholders of the Illinois Central Rail-Road Company (1854) - 52 pages
- Origin of the names of stations on the line of the Illinois Central Railroad Co (between 1884 and 1899) - Ackerman, William K. - 82 pages
- A study of the Illinois Central Railroad : main line of mid-America (1949) - 48 pages
- Documents relating to the organization of the Illinois Central Rail-road Company (1852) - 158 pages
- Electrification project the Illinois Central Railroad Company suburban service at Chicago, Ill. (1909) - [Low Quality Scan]- Simpson, Tracy W - 510 pages
- Historical Sketch of the Illinois-Central Railroad: Together with a Brief Biographical Record of of its Incorporators and Some of its Early Officers (1890) - William K. Ackerman - 162 pages
- The Illinois central case in the Supreme Court of Illinois (1910) - Stead, W. H - 144 pages
- The Illinois central railroad company offers for sale over 2,000,000 acres selected farming and wood lands (1856) - 82 pages
- The Illinois Central heritage, 1851-1951; a centenary address (1951) - Johnston, Wayne Andrew - 44 pages
- Abraham Lincoln and the Illinois Central Railroad, main line of mid-America; its organization, financing, and subsequent simplification of debt and capital structure through May 1955 (1955) - Sunderland, Edwin Sherwood Stowell - 144 pages
- History of the Illinois Central Railroad Company and representative employes; a history of the growth and development of one of the leading arteries of transportation in the United States, from inception to its present mammoth proportions, together with the biographies of many of the men who have been and are identified with the varied interests of the Illinois Central Railroad (1900) - 810 pages
- Whistle in the night : the story of Illinois Central, main line of mid-America (1948) - 32 pages
- Dinner to the directors and officers of the Illinois Central Railroad Company on the fiftieth anniversary of the incorporation of the company, Auditorium Hotel, Chicago, February the ninth, nineteen hundred and one (1901) - 138 pages
- Sectional maps, showing 2,500,000 acres farm and wood lands, of the Illinois Central Rail Road Company, in all parts of the state of Illinois, with the line of their rail road, and other intersecting rail roads .. (1856) - 77 pages
- The great central route book, for summer tourists, of 1873 (1873) - Stennett, W. H. (William H.) - 96 pages
Here is an image from one of the volumes:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.