The Union Pacific Railroad book collection is a collection of 18 late 19th century and early 20th century books concerning the Union Pacific Railroad. Many relate to the of the railroad or specific events in its growth. Many others are travel oriented publications produced by the railroad to attract customers. Several of the books have wonderful period illustrations and the collection makes an excellent reference collection for the historic rail enthusiast.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- The Union Pacific Railroad : a trip across the North American continent from Omaha to Ogden (1871) - Thomas Nelson & Sons - 52 pages
- Crofutt's Trans-continental Tourist ... Over the Union Pacific Railroad ... (1874) - George A Crofutt - 168 pages
- The Pacific tourist (1876) - Williams, Henry T; Shearer, Frederick E - 383 pages
- Official register of directors and officers of the Union Pacific railroad company and the Union Pacific railway company, 1863-1889 (1890) - 31 pages
- History of the Union Pacific railway (1895) - White, Henry Kirke - 177 pages
- History of the Union Pacific railroad: issued by the Union Pacific railroad on the occasion of the celebration at Ogden, Utah, May 10th, 1919, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the driving of the golden spike (1919) - 48 pages
- Guide to the Union Pacific Railroad Lands (1878) - 23 pages
- Progress of the Union Pacific Railroad west from Omaha, Nebraska, across the continent, making, with its connections, an unbroken line from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean. Eight hundred and twenty miles completed Sept. 20, 1868 (1868) - 50 pages
- The Union Pacific Railway; a study in railway politics, history, and economics (1894) - Davis, John P. (John Patterson) - 260 pages
- A description of the western resorts for health and pleasure reached via Union Pacific system (1891) - 188 pages
- How we built the Union Pacific railway, and other railway papers and addresses (1910) - Dodge, Grenville Mellen - 244 pages
- A reminiscence of the Union Pacific Railroad : containing some account of the discovery of the eastern base of the Rocky Mountains and of the great Indian battle of July 11, 1867 (1873) - Seymour, Silas - 104 pages
- Incidents of a trip through the great Platte Valley, to the Rocky Mountains and Laramie Plains, in the fall of 1866, with a synoptical statement of the various Pacific railroads, and an account of the great Union Pacific railroad excursion to the one hundreth meridian of longitude (1867) - Seymour, Silas - 147 pages
- The Overland Route to the Road of a Thousand Wonders: Route of the Union Pacific & the Southern Pacific (1908) - 78 pages
- Souvenir and views of Union Pacific, "the Overland route," the world's pictorial line (en route to California) (1900) - 72 pages
- The Pacific tourist : J.R. Bowman's illustrated trans-continental guide of travel, from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean ... : a complete traveler's guide of the Union and Central Pacific Railroads ... (1882) - Shearer, Frederick E; Williams, Henry T; Bowman, J. R - 391 pages
- Building the Pacific railway; the construction-story of America's first iron thoroughfare between the Missouri river and California, from the inception of the great idea to the day, May 10, 1869, when the Union Pacific and the Central Pacific joined tracks at Promontory point, Utah, to form the nation's transcontinental (1919) - Sabin, Edwin Legrand - 351 pages
- Kansas and the country beyond : on the line of the Union Pacific Railway, Eastern division, from the Missouri to the Pacific Ocean ; partly from personal observation, and partly from information drawn from authentic sources ; written in a series of letters to the Pittsburgh gazette (1867) - Copley, Josiah - 102 pages
Here is an image from one of the volumes:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.