The Railway Bridges book collection is a collection of 15 late 19th century and early 20th century books concerning the development of railroad bridges. The books offer detailed descriptions of the types of bridges being built during this period and the technology and science behind rail bridge building. Several of the books have detailed illustrations of various bridges and their component parts and the collection makes an excellent reference collection for the historic rail enthusiast.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- American railroad bridges (1889) - Cooper, Theodore - 98 pages
- A system of iron railroad bridges for Japan (1885) - Waddell, J. A. L. (John Alexander Low) - 365 pages
- General specifications for steel railroad bridges and viaducts (1906) - Cooper, Theodore - 44 pages
- General specifications for steel railroad bridges and structures, with a section making them applicable to highway bridges and buildings; (1906) - Buel, Albert W. (Albert Wells); Bogue, Virgil G - 94 pages
- Monumentation of the railroad bridges between Brownsville, Texas, and Matamoros, Tamaulipas; and Laredo, Texas, and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas (1912) - Mills, Anson - 36 pages
- Plate-girder railway bridges (1895) - Fitzmaurice, Maurice - 159 pages
- A treatise on wooden trestle bridges, according to the present practice on American railroads (1897) - Foster, Wolcott Cronk - 242 pages
- Long-span railway bridges : comprising investigations of the comparative, theoretical and practical advantages of the various adopted or proposed type systems of construction, with numerous formulae and tables, giving the weight of iron or steel required in bridges from 300 feet to the limiting spans (1868) - Baker, Benjamin - 105 pages
- General specifications for foundations and substructures of highway and electric railway bridges (1902) - Cooper, Theodore - 72 pages
- General specifications for railway bridge superstructure (1903) - 50 pages
- General specifications for iron and steel railroad bridges and viaducts [Note: also includes additional related volumes] (1890) - Cooper, Theodore - 232 pages
- Concrete bridges and culverts, for both railroads and highways (1909) - Tyrrell, H. G. (Henry Grattan) - 286 pages
- American railway bridges and buildings. Official reports, Association railway superintendents bridges and buildings (1898) - Berg, Walter G. (Walter Gilman) - 728 pages
- The Design of Typical Steel Railway Bridges: An Elementary Course (1907) - William Chase Thompson - 204 pages
- Live-load Stresses in Railway Bridges: With Formulas and Tables (1916) - George Erle Beggs - 145 pages
Here is an image from one of the volumes:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.