The Allegheny County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 17 books that detail the history of Allegheny County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Allegheny County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Allegheny county's hundred years (1888) - Thurston, George H. (George Henry) - 312 pages
- Pittsburgh and Allegheny in the Centennial Year (1876) - George Henry Thurston - 271 pages
- Longevity of manufacturing concerns in Allegheny County (1952) - Frasure, William Wayne - 226 pages
- Allegheny County: its early history and subsequent development (1888) - Lambing, Andrew Arnold; White, John W. F - 354 pages
- Memoirs of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania; personal and genealogical Volume 1 (1904) - 560 pages
- Memoirs of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania; personal and genealogical Volume 2 (1904) - 530 pages
- Recollections of seventy years and historical gleanings of Allegheny, Pennsylvania (1886) - Parke, John E. - 385 pages
- Genealogical and personal history of the Allegheny Valley, Pennsylvania; Volume 1 only (1913) - Jordan, John W. (John Woolf) - 416 pages
- Allegheny--a century of education, 1815-1915 (1916) - Smith, Ernest Ashton - 599 pages
- The Twentieth Century Club of Allegheny County, 1896-1904 (1904) - 104 pages
- Allegheny episodes; folk lore and legends collected in northern and western Pennsylvania (1922) - Shoemaker, Henry W. (Henry Wharton) - 355 pages
- Harris's general business directory of the cities of Pittsburgh & Allegheny (1847) - Harris, Isaac - 298 pages
- A history of the Catholic church in the dioceses of Pittsburg and Allegheny : from its establishment to the present time (1880) - Lambing, Andrew Arnold - 531 pages
- Historical and biographical catalogue of the officers and students of the Western Theological Seminary of the Presbyterian Church, at Allegheny City, Penna., 1827-1899 (1899) - 261 pages
- Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, in the war for the suppression of the rebellion, 1861-1865 : roll of honor, defenders of the flag, attack on Fort Sumter, S.C., April 12, 1861, surrender at Appomattox, Va., April 9, 1865 (1924) - Evans, Samuel Minis - 611 pages
- The rebellion record of Allegheny County, from April, 1861 to October, 1862 : containing the narrative of the organization of companies and regiments, the pecuniary aid tendered by corporations and individuals ; the history of the home guards ; the operation of the draft and the list of exempts (1862) - 80 pages
- Allegheny Cemetery : historical account of incidents and events connected with its establishment, charter and supplemental acts of legislation ;reports of 1848 and 1857 ; proceedings of corporators, June 21, 1873 ; rules, regulations, &c. ; list of officers, managers and corporators to date ; remarks on the ornamentation and arrangement of cemeteries ; funeral oration of Wilson McCandless, esq., on Commodore Barney and Lieut. Parker ; illustrated with sixteen photographic views (1873) - McCandless, Wilson - 166 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.