The York County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 21 books that detail the history of York County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of York County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- History of York County Pennsylvania Volume 1 (1907) - Prowell, George R. - 1307 pages
- History of York County Pennsylvania Volume 2 (1907) - Prowell, George R. - 1295 pages
- Continental Congress at York, Pennsylvania and York County in the Revolution (1914) - Prowell, George R. - 222 pages
- York County and the World War (1920) - Hill, Clifford J.; Lehn, John P. - 431 pages
- Some Facts Concerning York and York County: a Sesqui-Centennial Memento (1901) - Hawkins, Charles A. and Landis Houston E. - 157 pages
- The Beginnings of the German Element in York County, Pennsylvania (1916) - Wentz, Abdel Ross - 229 pages
- Militia rolls--1783-1790. [Bedford county to York county] (1907) - 1498 pages
- Art Work of York (1893) - Stuck, Edward - 193 pages
- A Brief History of York County (1906) - Prowell, George R - 74 pages
- The Historical Sketch, and Account of the Centennial Celebration at York, PA., July 4, 1876. (1876) - 181 pages
- A Book of Views Illustrating York County's Sesqui-Centennial Celebration, September 3-6, 1899 (1899) - 120 pages
- History of York County, from its erection to the present time (1834) - Carter, W. C. (William C.); Glossbrenner, Adam J. - 224 pages
- History of York County Pennsylvania From the Earliest Time to the Present (1886) - Gibson, John - 1099
- Returns of taxables of the county of York, for the years 1779, 1780, 1781, 1782 and 1783 (1898) - Egle, William Henry - 836 pages
- Historical sketch of the Proudfit family of York County, Pennsylvania : with a complete record of the descendants of Alexander Proudfit and Martha McCleary (1911) - Compton, Margaret - 230 pages
- History of Lancaster and York Counties (1845) - Rupp, Israel Daniel - 729 pages
- The annals of the families of Caspar, Henry, Baltzer and George Spengler, who settled in York County, respectively, in 1729, 1732, 1732, and 1751. With biographical and historical sketches, and memorabilia of contemporaneous local events (1896) - Spangler, Edward W. (Edward Webster) - 748 pages
- Biographical and Portrait Cyclopedia of the Nineteenth Congressional District, Pennsylvania (1897) - Wiley, Samuel T. - 607 pages
- Frantz Henrich Gantz of York County, Pennsylvania, his parents and descendants, 1686-1920 - Martin, Lou Ella Johnson - 394 pages
- Atlas of York Co., Pennsylvania (1876) - Nichols, Beach - 143 pages
- Souvenir : Seventy-fifth anniversary of the First U. B. church, 1840-1915, York, Pa., September 12th to 19th, 1915 (1915) - 40 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.