The Barnstable County, Massachusetts Histories book collection is a group of 21 books that detail the history of Barnstable County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Barnstable County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- History of Barnstable County, Massachusetts, 1620-1637-1686-1890 (1890) - Deyo, Simeon L. - 1288 pages
- History of Cape Cod: Annals of Barnstable County (1860) - Frederick Freeman - 672 pages
- Historical sketches of towns in Plymouth and Barnstable counties, Massachusetts (1873) - Dudley, Dean - 128 pages
- A comprehensive history, ecclesiastical and civil, of Eastham, Wellfleet, and Orleans : County of Barnstable, Mass., from 1644 to 1844 (1844) - Pratt, Enoch - 204 pages
- Representative men and old families of southeastern Massachusetts : containing historical sketches of prominent and representative citizens and genealogical records of many of the old families Volume 1 (1912) - 798 pages
- Representative men and old families of southeastern Massachusetts : containing historical sketches of prominent and representative citizens and genealogical records of many of the old families Volume 2 (1912) - 788 pages
- Barnstable and Yarmouth, sea captains and ship owners (1913) - Sprague, Frank William; Sprague, Leavitt - 98 pages
- The Hamlin family : a genealogy of James Hamlin of Barnstable, Massachusetts, eldest son of James Hamlin, the immigrant, who came from London, ENgland, and settled in Barnstable, 1639. 1639-1902 (1902) - Andrews, H. Franklin (Henry Franklin) - 1558 pages
- Alphabetical list of ship registers, district of Barnstable, Massachusetts, 1814-1913 : compiled from original documents stored in the New Bedford Custom house (1938) - 357 pages
- Old Quaker Village, South Yarmouth, Massachusetts (1915) - Jenkins, Elisha Lawrence - 117 pages
- Joshua Gray of Yarmouth, Massachusetts, and his descendants (1914) - Thacher, Julia Edgar Le Roy - 152 pages
- Gravestone records in the Ancient cemetery and the Woodside cemetery, Yarmouth, Massachusetts : from literal copies of the inscriptions made at the expense of Thomas W. Thatcher and Stanley W. Smith (1906) - Bowman, George Ernes - 101 pages
- Cape Cod, the right arm of Massachusetts : an historical narrative (1897) - Swift, Charles Francis - 426 pages
- The pageant of Cape Cod (1916) - Langdon, William Chauncy - 75 pages
- Vital records of the town of Brewster, Massachusetts to the end of the year 1849; (1904) - Bowman, George Ernest - 308 pages
- Two hundred and fiftieth anniversary celebration of Sandwich and Bourne, at Sandwich, Massachusetts, September 3, 1889 (1890) - Pratt, Ambrose E. - 144 pages
- A history of Chatham, Massachusetts : formerly the Constablewick or Village of Monomoit ; with maps and illustrations and numerous genealogical notes (1909) - Smith, William Christopher - 242 pages
- The two hundredth anniversary of the incorporations of the town of Chatham, Massachusetts; (1913) - 150 pages
- The celebration of the two hundredth anniversary of the incorporation of the town of Falmouth, Massachusetts, June 15, 1886 (1887) - Clarke, George E; Holton, S. A - 166 pages
- Pilgrim trails : a Plymouth-to-Provincetown sketchbook (1921) - Warner, Frances Lester - 94 pages
- Brewster ship masters (1906) - Sears, J. Henry (Joseph Henry - 178 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.