The Rutland County, Vermont Histories book collection is a group of 17 books that detail the history of Rutland County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Rutland County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Gazetteer and business directory of Rutland county, Vt., for 1881-82 (1881) - Child, Hamilton - 692 pages
- Centennial Celebration of the Settlement of Rutland, Vt., October 2d, 3d, 4th and 5th, 1870 (1870) - Chauncy Kilborn Williams - 144 pages
- Historical Rutland. an illustrated history of Rutland, Vermont, from the granting of the charter in 1761 to 1911 (1911) - Davison, Frank Everet - 77 pages
- History of Rutland County, Vermont, with illustrations and biographical sketches of some of its prominent men and pioneers (1886) - Smith, H. P. (Henry Perry); Rann, William S - 1074 pages
- Record of the descendants of Philo Curtis, Rutland, Vermont (1924) - Curtis, John Alasco - 46 pages
- The Attractions of Poultney, Fair Haven, Castleton, Hydeville, Middletown and Wells, Vt. (1869) - G.C. Newman - 40 pages
- A History of the Town of Fair Haven, Vermont: In Three Parts (1870) - Andrew Napoleon Adams - 535 pages
- A History of the Town of Poultney, Vermont: From Its Settlement to the Year 1875, with Family ... (1875) - Joseph Joslin , Barnes Frisbie , Frederick Ruggles - 382 pages
- The History and Map of Danby, Vermont (1869) - John C. Williams - 410 pages
- History of Wells, Vermont, for the first century after its settlement (1869) - Paul, Hiland; Parks, Robert - 161 pages
- Pawlet for One Hundred Years (1867) - Hiel Hollister - 302 pages
- The descendants of Moses and Sarah Kilham Porter of Pawlet, Vermont : with some notice of their ancestors and those of Timothy Hatch, Amy and Lucy Seymour Hatch, Mary Lawrence Porter and Lucretia Bushnell Porter (1910) - Lawrence, John Strachan - 400 pages
- History of Wallingford, Vermont (1911) - Thorpe, Walter - 236 pages
- Proctor: the story of a marble town (1922) - Gale, David C - 270 pages
- Graves genealogy traced from Thomas Graves, of Hartford, Connecticut and Hatfield, Massachusetts, one of the family founders in America, ... 1645; down to George Graves ... Rutland, Vermont, 1879 ... with some English ancestors; also Collins genealogy as connected with the Graves family per Joseph Collins of Ira, Vermont ... from ancestors of about the year 1600 (1911) - Graves, Gemont - 79 pages
- Memorial exercises held in Castleton, Vermont, in the year 1885; including the addresses, biographical sketches, reminiscences, list of the graves decorated, roster of the veterans in line ... history of previous memorial days in Castleton, and an account of the relics exhibited (1885) - Currier, John M[cNabb - 74 pages
- An account of the celebration of the Fourth of July, 1881 (1881) - Currier, John McNab - 52 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.