The Herkimer County, New York Histories book collection is a group of 9 books that detail the history of Herkimer County and surrounding areas - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Herkimer County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- A history of Herkimer county, including the upper Mohawk valley, from the earliest period to the present time: with a brief notice of the Iroquois Indians, the early German tribes, the Palatine immigrations ... also biographical notices of the most prominent public men of the county: with important statistical information (1856) - Benton, Nathaniel Soley - 520 pages
- Herkiner County murders (1885) - Tippetts, William H. - 56 pages
- The Herkimers and Schuylers: an historical sketch of the two families, with genealogies of the descendants of George Herkimer, the Palatine, who settled in the Mohawk Valley, N.Y., in 1721 (1903) - Cowen, Phoebe Susanna Strong - 189 pages
- The history of Montgomery classis, R.C.A. To which is added sketches of Mohawk valley men and events of early days, the Iroquois, Palatines, Indian missions, Tryon county committee of safety, Sir Wm. Johnson, Joseph Brant, Arendt Van Curler, Gen. Herkimer, Reformed church in America, doctrine and progress, revolutionary residences, etc (1916) - Dailey, W. N. P. (William Nelson Potter) - 212 pages
- American agriculturist farm directory and reference book of Otsego and Herkimer counties, New York, 1917; a rural directory and reference book including a road map of Otsego and Herkimer counties (1917) - 266 pages
- The Empire state, its industries and wealth : also an historical and descriptive review of the industries and wealth of the principal cities and towns in Oneida, Herkimer, Fulton, Montgomery, Otsego, Madison, Schoharie, Chenango, Oswego, Schenectady, Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties (1888) - 273 pages
- Papers read before the Herkimer county historical society Volume 1 1896-1898 - 328 pages
- Papers read before the Herkimer county historical society Volume 2 - 1899 to July 1, 1902 - 472 pages
- Papers read before the Herkimer county historical society Volume 3 - September 1902 to May 1914 - 346 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.