The Buffalo, New York Histories book collection is a group of 21 books that detail the history of Buffalo - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Buffalo during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- History of St. Paul's church, Buffalo, N.Y., 1817 to 1888 (1903) - Evans, Charles Worthington; Bartlett, Alice Mary (Evans); Bartlett, George Hunter - 473 pages
- Early recollections of Buffalo (1913) - Snow, Julia F. Miller - 164 pages
- The poets and poetry of Buffalo; (1904) - Johnston, James Nichol - 462 pages
- The industries of Buffalo [N.Y.] A resume of the mercantile and manufacturing progress of the queen city of the lakes (1887) - Hart, John F. - 277 pages
- Some things in and about Buffalo; a souvenir of the Annual Convention of the American Society of Civil Engineers held at Buffalo, N.Y., June 10-13, 1884 (1884) - Thurstone, William - approx 50 pages
- Memories of early days in Buffalo (1913) - Mathews, Sylvester J - 226 pages
- Sketches of early Buffalo and the Niagara region (1904) - Becker, Sophie C. (Sophie Cornelia) - 168 pages
- Manual of the North Presbyterian Church, Buffalo, N.Y. : containing a brief history of the church, the form of admission and the doctrines and covenant of its confession of faith, the order of its religious services, &c. and a catalogue of its members (1853) - 34 pages
- The charter of the city of Buffalo as amended from time to time since adoption in 1891 and as now in force (1908) - Bull, Henry Adsit - 334 pages
- The life and times of the Rt. Rev. John Timon, D. D. : first Roman Catholic bishop of the Diocese of Buffalo (1870) - Deuther, Charles George - 338 pages
- The City of Buffalo and its surroundings : its business facilities and its advantage as a place of residence and summer resort, its railroads, elevators, and manufactories, its schools, churches, parks, streets, and hotels, its lake, canal and railroad commerce, and its live stock trade (1880) - 50 pages
- An authentic and comprehensive history of Buffalo, with some account of its early inhabitants both savage and civilized, comprising historic notices of the Six Nations or Iroquois Indians, including a sketch of the Life of Sir William Johnson, and of other prominent white men, long resident among the Senecas arranged in chronological order Volume 1 (1864) - Ketchum, William - 432 pages
- An authentic and comprehensive history of Buffalo, Volume 2 (1864) - Ketchum, William - 443 pages
- A directory for the city of Buffalo : containing the names and residence of the heads of families and householders, in said city, on the first of July 1832 : to which is added a sketch of the history of the village from 1801 to 1832 (1832) - 138 pages
- History of the One Hundredth Regiment of New York State Volunteers : being a record of its services from its muster in to its muster out, its muster in roll, roll of commissions, recruits furnished through the Board of Trade of the city of Buffalo, and short sketches of deceased and surviving officers (1870) - Stowits, George H. - 424 pages
- Missions in western New York, and church history of the diocese of Buffalo (1862) - Timon, John - 258 pages
- Buffalo to-day, industrial and commercial; (1909) - 62 pages
- The progress of the Empire State a work devoted to the historical, financial, industrial, and literary development of New York Volume 1: New York State and City (1913) - Conant, Charles A. (Charles Arthur); Larned, J. N. (Josephus Nelson) - 425 pages
- The progress of the Empire State a work devoted to the historical, financial, industrial, and literary development of New York Volume 2: The History of Buffalo (1913) - Conant, Charles A. (Charles Arthur); Larned, J. N. (Josephus Nelson) - 286 pages
- The progress of the Empire State a work devoted to the historical, financial, industrial, and literary development of New York Volume 3: Buffalo, Rochester, Utica (1913) - Conant, Charles A. (Charles Arthur); Larned, J. N. (Josephus Nelson) - 321 pages
- Illustrated Buffalo: the queen city of the lakes (1890) - Bailey, George Milroy - 234 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.