The Cumberland County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 9 books that detail the history of Cumberland County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Cumberland County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Biographical annals of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania : containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens and of many of the early settled families (1905) - 989 pages
- The history and topography of Dauphin, Cumberland, Franklin, Bedford, Adams, and Perry counties [Pennsylvania] (1846) - Rupp, Israel Daniel - 610 pages
- Exercises in commemoration of the one hundred and seventy-fifth anniversary of the Silver Spring Presbyterian Church, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania ; Thursday, August 1909, 2.00 P.M (1909) - 85 pages
- Biographical and Portrait Cyclopedia of the Nineteenth Congressional District, Pennsylvania (1897) - Wiley, Samuel T. - 607 pages
- Waynesboro : the history of a settlement in the county formerly called Cumberland, but later Franklin, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in its beginnings, through its growth into a village and borough, to its centennial period, and to the close of the present century : including a relation of pertinent topics of general state and county history (1900) - Nead, Benjamin Matthias - 451 pages
- History of Cumberland and Adams counties, Pennsylvania.|Containing history of the counties; their townships, towns, villages, schools, churches, industries, etc.; portraits of early settlers and prominent men; biographies; history of Pennsylvania, statistical and miscellaneous matter, etc., etc - 1254 pages
- Sketches of the life and Indian adventures of Captain Samuel Brady, a native of Cumberland County, born 1758, a few miles above Northumberland, Pa (1914) - 42 pages
- The Cumberland blue book : a compendium of information of lower Cumberland County ... (1908) - Schwarz, J. R. (J. Robley); Zeamer, J. (Jeremiah) - 108 pages
- History of the Big Spring Presbyterian Church, Newville, Pa. : 1737-1898 (1898) - Swope, Gilbert Ernest - 248 pages
Here is a map of Cumberland County from this time period and an image of a historic building from one of the books in the collection:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.