The Delaware County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 12 books that detail the history of Delaware County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Delaware County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- History of Delaware County, Pennsylvania (1884) - Ashmead, Henry Graham - 1040 pages
- A history of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, and its people Volume 1 (1914) - Jordan, John W. (John Woolf) - 431 pages
- A history of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, and its people Volume 2 (1914) - Jordan, John W. (John Woolf) - 463 pages
- A history of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, and its people Volume 3 (1914) - Jordan, John W. (John Woolf) - 493 pages
- Historical sketch of the Augustinian monastery, college and mission of St. Thomas of Villanova, Delaware County, Pa. during the first half century of their existence, 1842-1892 (1893) - Middleton, Thomas C. (Thomas Cooke) - 121 pages
- Biographical and historical cyclopedia of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, comprising a historical sketch of the county (1894) - Garner, Winfield Scott; Wiley, Samuel T - 517 pages
- A genealogical record of the descendants of John & Mary Palmer of Concord, Chester (now Delaware) Co., Pa. Volume 1 (1910) - Palmer, Lewis - 1213 pages
- A genealogical record of the descendants of John & Mary Palmer of Concord, Chester (now Delaware) Co., Pa. Volume 2 (1910) - Palmer, Lewis - 1187 pages
- Genealogy of the descendants of John Kirk. Born 1660, at Alfreton, in Derbyshire, England. Died 1705, in Darby Township, Chester (now Delaware) County, Pennsylvania (1912) - Roberts, Miranda S.; Cope, Gilbert - 820 pages
- Chester (and its vicinity,) Delaware County, in Pennsylvania : with genealogical sketches of some old families (1877) - Martin, John Hill - 546 pages
- The history of old St. David's church, Radnor, in Delaware county, Pennsylvania, with a complete alphabetical list of wardens and vestrymen, and of the interments in the graveyard, 1700-1906 (1907) - 239 pages
- Genealogical collections relating to the families of Noblet, Noblat, Noblot, and Noblets, of France : Noblet and Noblett, of Great Britain : Noblet, Noblett, Noblit and Noblitt, of America : with some particular account of William Noblit of Middletown Township, Chester County (now Delaware County), Pennsylvania, U.S.A. (1906) - Noblit, John Hyndman - 453 pages
Here is a map of Delaware County from this time period:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.