The Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 10 books that detail the history of Huntingdon County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Huntingdon County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- History of Huntingdon and Blair counties, Pennsylvania (1883) - Africa, J Simpson - 1027 pages - NOTE: Scan quality of this volume is poor.
- History of Huntingdon County, in the state of Pennsylvania : from the earliest times to the centennial anniversary of American independence, July 4, 1876 (1876) - Lytle, Milton Scott - 385 pages
- Commemorative biographical encyclopedia of the Juniata Valley : comprising the counties of Huntingdon, Mifflin, Juniata and Perry, Pennsylvania. Containing sketches of prominent and representative citizens and many of the early settlers Volume 1 (1897) - 776 pages
- Commemorative biographical encyclopedia of the Juniata Valley : comprising the counties of Huntingdon, Mifflin, Juniata and Perry, Pennsylvania. Containing sketches of prominent and representative citizens and many of the early settlers Volume 2 (1897) - 709 pages
- Returns of taxables for the counties of Bedford (1773 to 1784), Huntingdon (1788), Westmoreland (1783, 1786), Fayette (1785, 1786), Allegheny (1791), Washington (1786). And census of Bedford (1784) and Westmoreland (1783) (1898) - Egle, William Henry - 792 pages
- A genealogical record of one branch of the Donaldson family in America, descendants of Moses Donaldson, who lived in Huntingdon County, Penn., in 1770 (1916) - McKitrick, May Donaldson - 343 pages
- History of the Presbytery of Huntingdon (1874) - Gibson, William J - 447 pages
- Historic Huntingdon, being a brief account of the history of Huntingdon from its earliest settlements to the present day .. (1909) - 256 pages
- The Historical memorial of the centennial anniversary of the Presbytery of Huntingdon : held in Huntingdon, Pa., April 9, 1895 : 1795-1895 (1896) - 560 pages
- History and topography of Northumberland, Huntingdon, Mifflin, Centre, Union, Columbia, Juniata and Clinton counties, Pa. : embracing local and general events, leading incidents, description of the principal boroughs, towns, villages, etc., etc. ; with a copious appendix: embellished by engravings. (1847) - Rupp, I. Daniel (Israel Daniel) - 590 pages
Here is a map of Huntingdon County and a period illustration from one of the volumes:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.