The Newark, New Jersey Histories book collection is a group of 19 books that detail the history of Newark - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Newark during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Devine's Newark city street guide (1886) - Devine, Terence - 36 pages
- Newark; the story of its early days (1904) - Urquhart, Frank John - 30 pages
- Newark; a series of engravings on wood (1917) - Eaton, Walter Prichard - 54 pages
- Directory, Newark Made Goods: Newark Manufacturers, Alphabetically Arranged in English, French ... (1913) - 401 pages
- Newark in the public schools of Newark. A course of study on Newark, its geography, civics and history, with biographical sketches and a reference index (1911) - Kennedy, J. Wilmer - 213 pages
- A real history of Newark and notable Newarkers (1916) - Fleming, Thomas - 258 pages
- The "guide book" street guide and general information of Newark, including Irvington, Harrison, East Newark, Kearny and Arlington, New Jersey (1900) - 96 pages
- Newark and its leading business men, embracing also, those of Harrison, Kearny, Belleville and Roseville (1891) - Williams, John Austin - 184 pages
- Biographical and genealogical history of the city of Newark and Essex County, N.J. Volume 1 (1898) - Ricord, Frederick W. (Frederick William); Ricord, Sophia B - 583 pages
- Biographical and genealogical history of the city of Newark and Essex County, N.J. Volume 2 (1898) - Ricord, Frederick W. (Frederick William); Ricord, Sophia B - 472 pages
- Newark, the city of industry; facts and figures concerning the metropolis of New Jersey, 1912 (1912) - 181 pages
- Old-time days in Newark and a half-century of St. Mark's parish (1902) - Russell, Imogen - 64 pages
- Newark, N.J., illustrated. A souvenir of the city and its numerous industries .. (1893) - Leary, Peter J. ed.; Macdonald, Samuel J.; Vail, Merit H. Cash - 280 pages
- Narratives of Newark (in New Jersey) from the days of its founding (1917) - Pierson, David Lawrence - 387 pages
- Directory of the city of Newark, for 1838-9, with an historical sketch (1838) - Pierson, B. T. (Benjamin T.) - 160 pages
- Historic Newark; a collection of the facts & traditions about the most interesting sites, streets and buildings of the city; (1916) - 55 pages
- Woodside, the north end of Newark, N. J. : its history, legends and ghost stories, gathered from the records and old inhabitants now living (1909) - Hine, C. G. (Charles Gilbert) - 308 pages
- Official guide and manual of the 250th anniversary celebration of the founding of Newark, New Jersey, 1666-1916 : the city of Newark, chief industrial center of New Jersey : historical, statistical and general review, together with numerous articles relating to the city and its celebration (1916) -Wack, Henry Wellington - 182 pages
- The founders and builders of the Oranges; comprising a history of the outlying district of Newark, subsequently known as Orange, and of the later internal divisions, viz.: South Orange, West Orange, and East Orange, 1666-1896 (1896) - Whittemore, Henry - 468 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.