The Providence, Rhode Island Histories book collection is a group of 21 books that detail the history of Providence - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Providence during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- King's pocket-book of Providence, R.I. (1882) - King, Moses - 124 pages
- Providence County [records of births, marriages and deaths] (1892) - Arnold, James N. (James Newell) - 123 pages
- Providence, old and new (1897) - Baker, Leander - 62 pages
- The life of William J. Brown, of Providence, R.I.; with personal recollections of incidents in Rhode Island (1971) - Brown, William J. - 230 pages
- Printers and printing in Providence, 1762-1907 (1907) - Approx 364 pages
- Town and city government in Providence (1889) - Wilson, George Grafton - 77 pages
- Annals of the town of Providence (1843) - Staples, William Read - 670 pages
- Old Providence; a collection of facts and traditions relating to various buildings and sites of historic interest in Providence .. (1918) - 65 pages
- The properties of Providence, and their controversies with the freeholders (1897) - Dorr, Henry Crawford - 141 pages
- Reminiscences of Rhode Island and ye Providence Plantations (1905) - Noyes, Isaac Pitman - 47 pages
- A modern city: Providence, Rhode Island and its activities (1909) - Kirk, William - 363 pages
- Alphabetical lists of ... persons deceased, born and married in the city of Providence (1868) - 75 pages
- Two Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary of the Settlement of Providence (1887) - 236 pages
- Seekonk (including East Providence), Pawtucket and Newman Congregational church [records of births, marriages and deaths] (1897) - Arnold, James N. (James Newell) - 596 pages
- Historical catalogue of the members of the First Baptist Church in Providence, Rhode Island (1908) - King, Henry Melville; Wilcox, Charles Field - 189 pages
- The East-India trade of Providence from 1787 to 1807 (1896) - Kimball, Gertrude Selwyn - 34 pages
- Genealogy of the Fields of Providence, Rhode Island : as traced mainly from records and papers in Rhode Island (1878) - Brownell, Harriet A - 65 pages
- The Mother church : a brief account of the origins and early history of the First Baptist Church in Providence (1896) - King, Henry Melville - 85 pages
- Annals of Centerdale, in the town of North Providence, Rhode Island : its past and present, 1636-1909 . (1909) - Angell, Frank Capron - 196 pages
- The houses of Providence, a study of present conditions and tendencies, with notes on the surrounding communities and some mill villages (1916) - Ihlder, John - 95 pages
- List of persons, copartnerships, and corporations assessed in the city tax ordered by the city council of the city of Providence for the year 1884 - 279 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.