The Queens New York Book Collection is a collection of 19 volumes relating to the history of the Queens and its people primarily in the 18th and 19th centuries. Several of the volumes have great period illustrations and portraits of relevant historical figures. These books are an excellent resource for history and genealogy researchers of this area.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Documents and letters intended to illustrate the revolutionary incidents of Queens county, N.Y. (1884) - Onderdonk, Henry - 70 pages
- Quaker records. Jericho, Long Island, N.Y (1910) - Frost, Josephine C - 89 pages
- Queens County in olden times: (1865) - Onderdonk, Henry - 122 pages
- Flushing, Queens County, Long Island, New York (1913) - Eardeley, William Applebie Danie - 18 pages
- Cemetries in Kings and Queens counties, Long Island, New York, 1753-1913 (1916) - Eardeley, William Applebie Daniel - 62 pages
- Queens Borough; being a descriptive and illustrated book of the borough of Queens, city of Greater New York, setting forth its many advantages and possibilities as a section wherein to live, to work and succeed ... Issued by the Manufacturing and industrial committee of the Chamber of commerce of the borough of Queens; (1913) - Willis, Walter I - 151 pages
- New York city guide; a comprehensive guide to the five boroughs of the metropolis: Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Richmond (1939) - Federal Writers' Project (N.Y.) - 708 pages
- Queens Borough, New York City, 1910-1920. The borough of homes and industry; a descriptive and illustrated book setting forth its wonderful growth and development in commerce, industry and homes during the past ten years, 1910 to 1920; a prediction of even greater growth during the next ten years, 1920 to 1930; and a statement of its many advantages, attractions and possibilities as a section wherein to live, to work and to succeed (1920) - Willis, Walter I - 240 pages
- A sketch of the history of the Presbyterian Church, in Jamaica, L.I. (1847) - MacDonald, James M. (James Madison) - 148 pages
- Baptismal record of the First Reformed Dutch church at Jamaica, Long Island, New York ... Volume 1 (1912) - Frost, Josephine C - 108 pages
- Baptismal record of the First Reformed Dutch church at Jamaica, Long Island, New York ... Volume 2 (1912) - Frost, Josephine C - 80 pages
- Baptismal record of the First Reformed Dutch church at Jamaica, Long Island, New York ... Volume 3 (1912) - Frost, Josephine C - 82 pages
- Baptismal record of the First Reformed Dutch church at Jamaica, Long Island, New York ... Volume 4 (1912) - Frost, Josephine C - 53 pages
- History of Springfield, town of Jamaica, Long island, New York (1914) - Eardeley, William Applebie Daniel - 58 pages
- The origin and history of Grace church, Jamaica, New York (1914) - Ladd, Horatio Oliver - 441 pages
- Record kept by Rev. Thomas Poyer, rector of Episcopal churches at Jamaica, Newtown & Flushing, Long Island (1913) - Poyer, Thomas; Onderdonk, Henry; Frost, Josephine C - 57 pages
- Genung, Ganong, Ganung genealogy : a history of the descendants of Jean Guenon of Flushing, Long Island (1906) - Nichols, Mary Josephine Genung; Nichols, L. Nelson (Leon Nelson) - 711 pages
- The annals of Newtown, in Queens County, New York; containing its history from its first settlement, together with many interesting facts concerning the adjacent towns; (1852) - Riker, James - 437 pages
- Baptisms, marriages, funerals, recorded at Grace Episcopal church, Jamaica, Long Island, New York, 1769-1853 (1913) - 108 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.