The Denver, Colorado Histories book collection is a group of 8 books that detail the history of Denver - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Denver during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Denver, by pen and picture; (1898) - Tonge, Thomas; Thayer, Frank S - 100 pages
- Spalding's official Denver base ball book (1914) - 100 pages
- The city of Denver and state of Colorado (1890) - Morrison, Andrew - 148 pages
- Reminiscences of General William Larimer and of his son William H. H. Larimer, two of the founders of Denver city; (1918) - Larimer, William Henry Harrison; Davis, Herman Stearns - 256 pages
- Denver and the mountain parks; a descriptive view book in colors, reproducing from actual photographs the most prominent views in the City of Denver and the surrounding mountain regions; in which districts are embraced the Denver Moutain Park System, The Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park (192?) - Tammen, Harry Heye - 64 pages
- History of the city of Denver, Arapahoe County, and Colorado : containing a history of the state of Colorado ... a condensed sketch of Arapahoe County ... a history of the city of Denver ... biographical sketches .. (1880) - Vickers, W. B. (William B.) - 620 pages
- Portrait and biographical record of Denver and vicinity, Colorado : containing portraits and biographies of many well known citizens of the past and present, together with biographies and portraits of all the presidents of the United States (1898) - 1306 pages
- The Rocky Mountain directory and Colorado gazetteer, for 1871, comprising a brief history of Colorado ... together with a complete and accurate directory of Denver, Golden City, Black Hawk, Central City, Nevada, Idaho, Georgetown ... First year of publication (1870) - Wallihan, Samuel S.; Bigney, T. O. - 656 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.