The Lowell, Massachusetts Histories book collection is a group of 14 books that detail the history of Lowell - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Lowell during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Turner's Lowell directory and annual register (1844) - 182 pages
- The Lowell directory and business key (1849) - 256 pages
- Origin and genealogy of the Hildreth family, of Lowell, Mass. (1892) - Reade, Philip Hildreth - 71 pages
- Illustrated history of Lowell (1868) - Cowley, Charles - 115 pages
- Lowell: past, present and prospective (1891) - Bayles, James - 73 pages
- Views of Lowell and vicinity (1905) - 56 pages
- The industrial advantages of Lowell, Mass. and environs: South Lowell, North Chelmsford, South and East Chelmsford, Chelmsford Center, Dracut, Billerica, North Billerica, Ayer's City, Collinsville and Willow Dale (1895) - Goodfellow, W. H. - 168 pages
- Lowell, a city of spindles; (1900) - 453 pages
- History of Lowell and its people Volume 1 (1920) - Coburn, Frederick William - 393 pages
- History of Lowell and its people Volume 2 (1920) - Coburn, Frederick William - 162 pages plus numerous portraits
- History of Lowell and its people Volume 3 (1920) - Coburn, Frederick William - to page 441
- Lowell, as it was, and as it is (1845) - Miles, Henry Adolphus - 234 pages
- The Lowell directory 1864-65 : containing the names of the city government, and miscellaneous matter relating to the various institutions of Lowell, also, the Lowell Military record, containing a brief account of the action of Lowell in sustaining the government, and the names of Lowell citizens who have been in the military or naval service of the United States from the commencement of the rebellion to September 1864 (1864) - McPhetres, S. A. (Samuel A.) - approx 325 pages
- Memories of the Indians and pioneers of the region of Lowell (1862) - Cowley, Charles - 24 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.