The Albany, New York Histories book collection is a group of 16 books that detail the history of Albany - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Albany during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Gazetteer and business directory of Albany & Schenectady Co., N.Y., for 1870-71 (1870) - Child, Hamilton - 488 pages
- The settlement and early history of Albany (1864) - Barnes, William - 100 pages
- Albany street directory, and city guide (1869) - Wallace, Joseph C. - 64 pages
- Albany bi-centennial. Historical memoirs - Banks, Anthony Bleecker; Danaher, Franklin M. (Franklin Martin); Hamilton, Andrew - 461 pages
- History of the First Presbyterian church of Albany, N.Y.; lists of its officers, and a complete catalogue of its members from its organization (1877) - Blayney, J. McClusky - 124 pages
- Early records of the city and county of Albany Volume 1 (1869) - 542 pages
- Early records of the city and county of Albany Volume 2 (1869) - 438 pages
- Early records of the city and county of Albany Volume 3 (1869) - 644 pages
- Early records of the city and county of Albany Volume 4 (1869) - 220 pages
- Albany chronicles, a history of the city arranged chronologically, from the earliest settlement to the present time; illustrated with many historical pictures of rarity and reproductions of the Robert C. Pruyn collection of the mayors of Albany, owned by the Albany institute and historical and art society (1906) - Reynolds, Cuyler - 817 pages
- Random recollections of Albany, from 1800 to 1808 (1866) - Worth, Gorham A.; Munsell, Joel - 144 pages
- Catholic Albany : an illustrated history of the Catholic churches and Catholic religious, benevolent and educational institutions of the city of Albany (1895) - Louden, Michael J - 358 pages
- Albany, New York, a beautiful and attractive city in which to live (1900) - 26 pages
- Albany and its place in the history of the United States (1886) - Fernow, Berthold - 98 pages
- The Albany directory for the year 1860 : containing a general directory of the citizens, a business directory, and other miscellaneous matter (1860) - 252 pages
- Heroes of Albany A memorial of the patriot-martyrs of the city and county of Albany, who sacrificed their lives during the late war in defence of our nation, 1861-1865, with a view of what was done in the county to sustain the United States government; and also brief histories of the Albany regiments (1867) - Clark, Rufus W. (Rufus Wheelwright) - 870 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.