The Cambridge, Massachusetts Histories book collection is a group of 15 books that detail the history of Cambridge - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Cambridge during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Cambridge sketches (1905) - Stearns, Frank Preston - 374 pages
- Old Cambridge and new (1871) - Amory, Thomas C. (Thomas Coffin) - 45 pages
- A genealogical history of Henry Adams, of Braintree, Mass., and his descendants; also John Adams, of Cambridge, Mass., 1632-1897 (1898) - Adams, Andrew N. (Andrew Napoleon) - 1238 pages
- The history of Cambridge (1801) - Holmes, Abiel - 67 pages
- Genealogy of the Buck family, which settled in Cambridge, afterwards Woburn, Mass., in the year 1635 (1913) - Richards, Elizabeth S - 173 pages
- An historic guide to Cambridge (1907) - Massachusetts Daughters of the American Revolution. Hannah Winthrop chapter, Cambridge - 207 pages
- The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six (1896) - Gilman, Arthur - 424 pages
- Weston's guide-book and souvenir of Cambridge (1896) - Weston, Louis F. - 88 pages
- Vital records of Cambridge, Massachusetts, to the year 1850 Volume 1 - Births (1914) - Baldwin, Thomas W. (Thomas Williams) - 936 pages
- Vital records of Cambridge, Massachusetts, to the year 1850 Volume 2 - Marriages and Deaths (1914) - Baldwin, Thomas W. (Thomas Williams) - 806 pages
- History of Cambridge, Massachusetts. 1630-1877. With a genealogical register (1877) - Paige, Lucius R. (Lucius Robinson) - 731 pages
- Memorial to the men of Cambridge who fell in the first battle of the revolutionary war (1870) - McKenzie, Alexander - 40 pages
- Exercises in celebrating the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the settlement of Cambridge, held December 28, 1880 (1881) - 163 pages
- Records of the Church of Christ at Cambridge in New England, 1632-1830, comprising the ministerial records of baptisms, marriages, deaths, admission to covenant and communion, dismissals and church proceedings; (1906) - Sharples, Stephen Paschall - 578 pages
- The register book of the lands and houses in the "New towne" and the town of cambridge with the records of the proprietors of the common lands : being the records generally called "The proprietors' records" (1896) - 391 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.