The Richmond, Virginia Histories book collection is a group of 16 books that detail the history of Richmond - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Richmond during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Richmond, Virginia, yesterday and today (1913) - 69 pages
- Directory of business and professional women in Richmond, Virginia, 1921 (1921) - 96 pages
- Richmond, Virginia: colonial, revolutionary, confederate and the present. 1896 (1896) - Norvell, Watkins - 48 pages
- Sketches and views, points of interest, Richmond, Virginia .. (1903) - Burgess, Mary Abbigail - 92 pages
- On to Richmond! (1881) - Mains, Bishop W. - 81 pages
- Souvenir, unveiling soldiers' and sailors' monument, Richmond, Virginia, May 30, 1894 (1894) - 72 pages
- Richmond, Va.: an outline of its attractions and industries (1888) - Chesterman, William Dallas - 24 pages
- History and reminiscences of the Monumental Church, Richmond, Va., from 1814 to 1878 (1880) - Fisher, George Daniel - 508 pages
- First annual catalogue of the officers and students of Hartshorn Memorial College : Richmond, Va., 1883-84 (1884) - 24 pages
- Guide to Richmond and the battlefields (1881) - Chesterman, William Dallas - 68 pages
- The capture and occupation of Richmond, April 3rd, 1865 (1907) - Ripley, Edward Hastings - 31pages
- Illustrated Richmond; souvenir, guide, and official map, containing elaborate list of Richmond views, with guide to points of interest, hotels, clubs, theatres, etc., and comprehensive historical sketch (1908) - Saunders, Clyde Watson; Bowers, Charles William - 48 pages
- Richmond as a manufacturing and trading centre : including a historical sketch of the city (19??) - Brock, R. A. (Robert Alonzo) - 92 pages
- Richmond: an illustrated hand-book and guide with notices of the battle-fields (1896) - Poindexter, Charles - 112 pages
- Visitor's guide to Richmond and vicinity : embracing a sketch of the city, social statistics and notices of all places in and about the city of interest to the tourist .. (1871) - B. Bates - 50 pages
- Richmond prisons 1861-1862 : compiled from the original records kept by the Confederate government, journals kept by Union prisoners of war, together with the name, rank, company, regiment and state of the four thousand who were confined there (1893) - Jeffrey, William H. (William Hartley) - 271 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.