The San Diego, California Histories book collection is a group of 14 books that detail the history of San Diego - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of San Diego during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- San Diego mission (1920) - Engelhardt, Zephyrin - 358 pages
- The story of San Diego (1892) - Smith, Walter Gifford - 151 pages
- Coronado Beach, San Diego county, California. (1900) - 36 pages
- City of San Diego and San Diego County: The Birthplace of California Volume 1 Only (1922) - McGrew, Clarence Alan - 444 pages
- Exposition memories, Panama-California exposition, San Diego, 1916 (1917) - James, George Wharton - 216 pages
- County of San Diego: The Italy of Southern California (1887) - Theodore Strong Van Dyke - 72 pages
- Picturesque San Diego, with historical and descriptive notes (1887) - Gunn, D. M. (Douglas Maxwell) - 98 pages
- San Diego yesterdays, being sketches of incidents in the Indian, Spanish, Mexican, and American history of the city of San Diego (1921) - 73 pages
- Harbor Of The Sum The Story Of The Port Of San Diego (1940) - Max Miller - 329 pages
- San Diego county, California; a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement Volume 1 (1913) - Black, Samuel T. - 454 pages
- San Diego county, California; a record of settlement, organization, progress and achievement Volume 2 (1913) - Black, Samuel T. - 553 pages
- The city and county of San Diego : illustrated and containing biographical sketches of prominent men and pioneers (1888) - Van Dyke, Theodore S. (Theodore Strong); Leberthon, T. T; Taylor, A - 218 pages
- History of San Diego, 1542-1908 : an account of the rise and progress of the pioneer settlement on the Pacific coast of the United States Volume 1 (1907) - Smythe, William Ellsworth - 322 pages
- History of San Diego, 1542-1908 : an account of the rise and progress of the pioneer settlement on the Pacific coast of the United States Volume 2 (1907) - Smythe, William Ellsworth - to page 736
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. All books on this CD are searchable and printable.