The Monroe County, New York Histories book collection is a group of 19 books that detail the history of Monroe County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Monroe County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Rochester and Monroe County (1937) - 471 pages
- Gazetteer and business directory of Monroe County, N.Y. for 1869-70 (1869) - Child, Hamilton - 430 pages
- Quaker records : Rochester Monthly Meeting, Monroe County, New York (1900) - Cox, John - 262 pages
- Proceedings of the Board of Supervisors of the County of Monroe - 280 pages
- On the origin of the names of places in Monroe County, New York (1911) - Hanford, Franklin - 58 pages
- Wheatland, Monroe County, New York : a brief sketch of its history (1908) - Slocum, George E. (George Engs) - 162 pages
- The new court house of Monroe County; its architecture, construction and cost, with a brief history of the erection of Monroe County and its first and second court houses (1896) - Watkyns, Charles Ketcham - 94 pages
- History of Rochester and Monroe county, New York, from the earliest historic times to the beginning of 1907 Volume 1 (1908) - Peck, William F. (William Farley) - 737 pages
- History of Rochester and Monroe county, New York, from the earliest historic times to the beginning of 1907 Volume 2 (1908) - Peck, William F. (William Farley) - 714 pages
- Annual directory, 1909-1910 : public schools of the towns of Webster, Penfield, Perinton, Pittsford, Mendon, Irondequouit, Brighton, Henrietta, Rush, comprising the First Commissioner District of Monroe County, N.Y. : containing the names and addresses of school officers, teachers, town officials, and other information that will be of interest to the public (1909) - 84 pages
- Early history of Rochester. 1810 to 1827, with comparisons of its growth and progress to 1860 (1860) - Ely, Elisha; Hawley, Jesse - 48 pages
- Rochester in 1904 (1903) - 164 pages
- Churches of Rochester : ecclesiastical history of Rochester, N.Y. : narrative of the rise and present condition of each religious organization : biographical sketches of pastors and clergymen born in the city, with miscellaneous items from August, 1815 to July, 1871 (1871) - Ward, F. De W. (Ferdinand De Wilton) - 199 pages
- History of the Police Department of Rochester, N.Y. : from the earliest times to May 1, 1903 (1903) - Peck, William F. (William Farley) - 353 pages
- First Church chronicles, 1815-1915 : centennial history of the First Presbyterian Church, Rochester, New York (1915) - Robinson, Charles Mulford - 230 pages
- Illustrated Rochester, 1898-1899 (1899) - 187 pages
- History of Monroe county, New York ; (1877) - McIntosh, W. H. - 972 pages
- Landmarks of Monroe County, New York .. (1895) - Raines, Thomas; Peck, William F. (William Farley); Aldreich, Lewis Cass; Fairchild, Herman L. (Herman Le Roy) - 1144 pages
- The Biographical record of the City of Rochester and Monroe County, New York (1902) - 505 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.